Thursday, June 16, 2016

MS 150 Keystone Country Ride

Please Read - MS 150 Keystone Country Ride
Two weeks ago was the first chance I had to get out and ride my bicycle this season. It’s official! It’s time to get ready for my 19th Multiple Sclerosis Keystone Country Ride that is now only six weeks away! The Keystone Country Ride is a 150-mile bicycle ride here in Central PA over two days in July that raises money to support those with Multiple Sclerosis and the MS Society.
There are a ton of great excuses for having not ridden much this year. It was too cold. It was too rainy. It was too hot. Working six days a week. But I can’t help but wonder if I have resisted getting out to ride this year due to two recent auto/bicycle accidents that have occurred here locally.
The first involved a rider who has done the MS ride with us in the past. The second accident occurred earlier this month and involved Ken Franks, a ‘72 graduate of Bellwood-Antis High School where I went to school. Ken was killed while riding his bicycle just a few miles from our store. I am dedicating my ride this year in memory of Ken Franks.
Both accidents are a stark reminder that riding a bicycle can be very dangerous. But I also realize that the efforts of all of us who ride help so many people with Multiple Sclerosis, here locally and around the world.
My goal this year is to raise $15,000. Cumulatively over the past 19 years I have raised just under $225,000 to help this important cause. The money that is raised helps to support those who have MS, goes to research that includes efforts to find new medications that are more effective in treating patients with MS, and supports patient education which is so important for those who have MS.
Will you support my effort this year? Pledging can be as simple as responding to this email with an amount that is payable after the ride is completed in July. A check payable to the MS Society Keystone Country Ride can be mailed to me at Steve Seltzer Powersports, 433 Sabbath Rest Rd, Altoona, PA 16601.
Or if you prefer to pledge and pay on-line simply click the link below and that should take you right to my donation page. Pledging and paying on-line is safe and secure.
<http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR…>
There are more than 400,000 Americans living with MS in the United States. Your support of this ride WILL help to make changes in their lives. Please consider making a pledge and donation- large or small- any amount will help us to fight MS.
Thanks for reading, and for your consideration!
Steven Seltzer